Thursday, August 26, 2010

Premonition:

Many times I had premonitions that something was going to happen & it always did. So it didn’t come as a surprise to me when I had an indication of my mother’s death in the form of dream. After all someone like my mother who close to me was about to leave us forever.

My mother passed away 8 years ago on 23 rd December, 2002. I was in Pune and had a disturbed dream one night in December. In my dream I saw mother walking.

“Where are you going Amma?” I asked her.

“To meet your sister Namitha, she is waiting for me in the car" she replied walking past me.

She seemed to be in a hurry. I could see our old white Ambassador car MYG 9161 parked at a distance. When I woke up I could vividly recall every detail of the dream.

Mother in my dream was in a hurry to meet my sister Namitha who had passed seven years earlier. Mother had taken her death very badly and her health started deteriorating after that. Another point to be noted is that Amma had donated our old white Ambassador to Dharamasthala Temple, a famous Vishwanath Temple near Mangalore. So the fact that she was going to meet my sister who was no more and in a car which now belonged to a temple really scared me.

I spoke about my dream to my husband. He told me not to worry as he was leaving to our hometown Mangalore (and where my mother resided) the very same day. My husband Balajith reached Mangalore and informed me that mother was doing fine.

Exactly four days after my dream, she passed away. She had her breakfast and had passed away while napping. I was glad she was not alone when she breathed her last because she always feared she would die alone and no one would be near her. I rushed to Mangalore for the last rites, as soon as I got the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment